ArtForms Voting INFO
A RECIPROCAL MEMBERSHIP between the Las Cruces Arts & Crafts Association Inc. and the ArtForms Artists Association of New Mexico
Original April 16 - Revised April 18, 2017 and June 14, 2017
Reciprocal Membership Information
The Board of Directors of ArtForms and of The Las Cruces Arts Association have agreed to present, for a vote, a Trial Reciprocal Membership to the members of both organizations.
This one-year trial membership would examine the possibilities of both organizations working together to support and enhance the visual arts in Las Cruces. Both organizations would continue their missions and activities as a separate organization but would welcome all members of both organizations to participate in each other’s activities such as, meetings, events and exhibitions. After one year, the outcome imagined would be two strong organizations possibly merging into one. Determined by the two separate memberships voting.
- LAS CRUCES ARTS ASSOCIATION -
The Las Cruces Arts Association was established in 1962 as the Las Cruces Arts and Crafts Association. Over the years, the membership has fluctuated between 50 to 100 members. Currently we are at 65 members. Our Fiscal Year is June 1st through May 31st
We are currently located in the Community Enterprise Center. 125 N. Main St. With an Office, Community Conference Room, Large Exhibition / Meeting space inside and out. Rent is $250 per month, all inclusive. However, we have problems with the management making much needed repairs and renovations.
The purpose of the Las Cruces Arts Association is to foster an environment for artists of all levels. To come together to learn and to share the joy of art and extend that enjoyment to the greater community. All artist, art groups and art lovers of all ages are invited to join the LCAA to market, explore and experience the arts and artists of Las Cruces.
LCAA's Membership Dues
- MEMBERSHIP DUES -
The dues are:
Annual Memberships $30
Students Memberships $15
Art Group Memberships $50
Corporate Memberships $100
Community Partner Memberships $1,000+
(LCAA Membership renewal is one year after joining.)
(Note: Art Forms is considering a membership fee increase.)
Benefits of being in LCAA for ArtForms Members
- MEMBERSHIP BENEFITS -
EXHIBITIONS (LCAA takes no commissions on any artwork sold)
• Art-On-Easels Gallery, a pop-up exhibit concept with 3 monthly venues
(1) 1st Friday during the Art Ramble Downtown, 5-8pm
(2) 3rd Saturday Downtown Market, 7-Noon
(3) Wednesday Evening Downtown Market (May-September) 5-9pm
Fees: 1-4 art pieces or multiple crafts items, $10 to exhibit for one venue / $20 for all 3
• Alternative Spaces, Exhibit opportunities at 3-4 various locations
Fee: $10 for 1 pc. / $5 ea. additional.
• Annual Member Show - Fee: $15 for 1 pc. / $5 for additional pieces.
Cash Prizes in several categories
• Artist Demonstration - 9-10 Monthly Member’s Meetings
Fee: No Charge – Open to the public
• Artist Workshops – 1day or several day workshops
Presenter sets costs, supplies and timeline
• Art-In – 2nd Wednesday of the month gather at the Center to do your art together, 9am-Noon
• Member Discounts at 3 different art and frame shops
• Meeting new and being with friends
• Publicity support through press releases/ posters/ postcards
• Featured Artist each month a member volunteers or is selected to show any number of pieces at any of the 3 Art-On-Easels Exhibits and Members meetings- Press releases and poster
• Board Meetings – 3rd Saturday of month following Market 12:15 – 3:30pm
• Members Meeting – 3rd Sunday of month – 1:30pm – 3:30pm
• Committee Meetings –scheduled as needed
FUNDING / INCOME
Memberships / Exhibition Fees / Donations / Sponsorships / Art FUND with the Community Foundation of Southwest New Mexico, for sustainability.
- ARTFORMS ARTIST ASSOCIATION OF NEW MEXICO -
The ArtForms Artists’ Association was established as a non-profit in 1998. We quickly established the Love of Art month which has been growing yearly. The month long event includes fine art, theater, music and poetry. Studio tours are also highlighted during the event. Past additional events include an art fair at the Las Cruces Convention Center and a Fall Show at the Grapevine.
The purpose of ArtForms Artist Association of New Mexico Promote art in Las Cruces and to foster relationships with traditional and non traditional venues. Artforms encourages co-operation across disciplines and collaboration.
ArtForms Membership Dues
- MEMBERSHIP DUES -
The dues are:
Individual Memberships $30
Group memberships $30
Senior Citizen (55+) Memberships $20
Full-time Student Memberships $20
Part-Time Students $15
(ArtForms Membership renewal is one year after joining.)
(Note: Art Forms is considering a membership fee increase)
Benefits of being in ArtForms for LCAA Members
- MEMBERSHIP BENEFITS -
Participation in For the Love Of Art Month (FLOA) (Fees apply)
(1) For the Love Of Art Month Studio Tours
(2) For the Love Of Art Month Member Shows
(3) For the Love Of Art Month Art Around town
(having your work in a place of business)
For the Love Of Art Month Publicity
Be in the FLOA Event Guide. (2500 were published in 2017, 3000 are expected in 2018.)
Participation in the ArtForms Fall Show
ArtForms Fall show takes place during one weekend in one of the fall months.
(The ArtForms Fall show transpires on a unfixed basis, not occurring every year.)
Your professional email/website/blog link is listed on the ArtForms website.
Access to the ArtForms Newsletter that is not available to the public.
Permissions to post your events and shows on the ArtForms Facebook page.
General Positive Influence
(1) The reciprocal membership would create a larger voice for the arts.
(2) Each organization still maintains control of its own programs and keeps their own identity.
(1) There will be twice the opportunity for shows.
(2) More exposure through ArtForms group shows.
(3) You will be exposed to patrons from 4 states, through the proximity of our advertising, from NM, AZ, CO and TX.
Prepared by Jack LeSage, Director Las Cruces Arts Association
and Roy van der Aa, Secretary ArtForms
Edited by Rowan Baxa, ArtForms Webmaster
(Word Document, 188 KB)